The first thing you need to do is to create an account on Roku account by using roku.com/link to connect your Roku streaming player. The activation of the Roku account will require a Roku code to advance the activation process. This account will hold all the information on your device, settings, channel, and preferences. Also, make sure to use a genuine email account while creating a roku.com/link account to manage the account and communicate notifications. Thus, it is mandatory to have an existing Roku account before you launch the activation process.
How to set up your Roku express on your device
To set you Roku express, you need to follow these guided instructions:
- The first thing you’ll be asked when you launch a Roku application is what language would you like to continue the setting. All the texts and details will be displayed in your selected language.
- Connect your Roku express to the Internet connection. This is most often the same online connection used to connect your devices such as a smartphone and laptop.
- Once you enter your password and then tap ‘connect’. You Roku application will automatically connect to the internet.
- Once the connection is secured, your Roku application will start downloading the latest version of Roku OS software and then reboot the system.
- Set the display of your screen. Select “set display type” and let your Roku application choose the suitable display resolution for your screen so you don’t have to manually configure the settings.
- Create your Roku account and activate your Roku application Via roku.com/link.
- In order to activate your Roku express, it must be linked to a Roku account
- You will require a Roku code to activate your Roku express.
- Once your account is created, then visit com/link and enter your password and Roku code and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully activated your Roku express. Your Roku express is ready to use.